Friday, December 2, 2016

30 Day Writing Challenge 4 - Day 2: Wishing

Day 2: I Really Wish ____________

Jesus, the things I could list.


I could wish for fortune -- knowing I'd somehow manage to mess that up with truly frivolous things, when in my grand plan I'm far too magnanimous and charitable. In my plan, I start foundations and scholarships and donate here and there. In real life, I'd do that and then go into some swank shop and drop serious bucks on junk I don't really need. Much like I do now sometimes.

I used to wish for fame -- no. Not anymore. I'm comfortable in my anonymity.

I used to wish to be a single-digit size. I got somewhat close and then life intervened and said, "Nah, I need you to be here because I have some lessons in humility to teach your arrogant little hide." Mission accomplished, life. Mission accomplished. In the same lesson, you taught me how to love the real me, so I cannot complain at all.

I want to wish for my mom to be here again. But not the way she was. I would not wish her back here, with the constant pain and suffering she endured. Pain doesn't have to be excruciating to get you down -- it just has to be persistent. I would not want her to go through all that again. She really is in a better place. I wish THAT for her more than I wish to be with her here and now.

So what I really wish for is love. Not so much a singular, spectacular, 11:11 kind of love -- though that's sweet stuff too. I wish for ALL of us to have love overflowing. I want this stupid pettiness to stop. I want people to stop looking at that which divides us and look for ways to multiply our strengths for the greater good. 

I wish that we could evolve into a more enlightened species. That we would become all we are capable of being. That we would find the higher truth and serve it. I sometimes despair of the human race -- after all, how many eons have we been wishing for this? 

Yet I believe, still. While I breathe, I hope (to use my state motto). And I'll never stop wishing that we choose love.

No comments:

Post a Comment