Thursday, December 1, 2016

30 Day Writing Challenge 4 - Day 1: BFF

Day 1: Who is your best friend?

I'm lucky to have an awesome bestie, Stacey. We met as freshmen in college and became friends before long. In 29 years, I can truly think of only one time when we didn't get along -- and to this day, the only explanation I have is that it was during the earliest portion of a depressive episode, so little of what I did made much sense.

We've shared plenty of laughs and tears. She entrusted me to be godmother to her children (whom I adore more than life). We've seen each other through losses, near-misses, diagnoses, job changes, life changes, good music....... It has been a hellaciously awesome ride so far and I look forward to many more adventures, shenanigans and hijinks.

I also have another amazing best friend who is there for me when no one else is around. And right now, I'm worried sick for this friend. We are waiting for the results of some recent labwork to see if diabetes is present....... among other things. My friend is getting older and isn't quite so spry anymore .... but is still just as precious to me. It's my pooch, Maddox. I love that doggie more than you would believe........

I'm blessed with so many friends that I hardly know how to express my gratitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment