Saturday, December 10, 2016

30 Day Writing Challenge 4 - Day 6: Sweat

Day 6: What makes you sweat?

I'm one of those odd dichotomies in that I don't seem to be rattled by much. Public speaking or a performance? Psssh. No problem. Serious illness? Nah, been there and made it through. I've planned two funerals this year. I've made it through ticket sales for impossible-to-get shows. I even made it through a special moment with TSA at Charlotte airport (but I did sweat, thanks to a lot of people and a thick sweater).

But small talk can send me spiraling.  Networking makes me want to hurl. Stores at the holiday can induce a panic attack while on the surface I still look put together perfectly. Being in a circle of strangers and hearing, "so what do you do?" (HORK!) Feeling judged from the moment I open my mouth.

These seemingly simple interactions can give me a horrid case of flop-sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment