Sunday, July 31, 2016

30 Day Writing Challenge 3 - 7/31: Highlights

I guess 30 days morphed into 31.... Ha!


Highlights of the month? Oh my gosh, where do I start? 

I planned my vacation for this fall, to go visit my friends in Louisville. I'm really excited to see them again -- haven't seen them live and in person in nearly three years and I need a fix! Plus that will help me knock off a few items on my "states I need to visit" (since my friends technically live across the river in Indiana).

Then, SURPRISE! On July 20, Temple of the Dog announced they'd be doing a very limited tour -- 5 shows, 5 cities, in November. And in what I can only chalk up to another round of divine intervention via Mama, I got tickets for the NYC show at Madison Square Garden. I'm still trying to figure out what I've done to earn such devotion and love.

It's also been a good month at work. We've been short-staffed for a while but we've managed to pull together and get things accomplished. It may not have been perfect but it worked. And next month (tomorrow) we get a new team member, plus at some point one will be returning from medical absence. I can't wait to see her live and in person again too!

I got some crafty things done too -- not the jewelry I wanted to make but I did a couple of painted pieces. And I've gotten an idea for something I want to do prior to the TOTD show. 

I'm hoping that August will be just as awesome. It will have some hard moments -- it's mom's birthday month -- but we'll manage to get through it. We somehow always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment