Thursday, April 14, 2016

30 Day Writing Challenge 2 - 4/14/16: Milk

So what can I say about milk?


Not much, really. I drank it as a child but by the time I got to elementary school, the "white milk" in the carton was gross... I wanted chocolate milk in the brown carton instead! White milk (just regular milk) was reserved for home and what was poured over cereal. Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs, anyone? Mmm. 

When I got to junior high, milk was absolutely no longer cool to drink, at all. Tea, yes. A Coke brought in from the canteen, if the lunch ladies didn't catch you. Coffee, we wish. But milk? That was for babies!! I really think that from junior high probably through my late 20s, if I drank even a gallon of milk total, that would be a stretch.

But then in my 30s I grew to like milk again, but only skim -- not so much because of caloric issues but because of stomach upset. Even today, drinking anything higher than 1% milkfat gives my stomach fits. And lately, I've been drinking more unsweetened almond milk, albeit in protein shakes. I tried it once over cereal and GROSS!!!!!

A lot of people aren't milk fans and I won't try to force them into drinking it. People have their reasons for liking or not liking it and I respect that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment