Monday, April 18, 2016

30 Day Writing Challenge 2 - 4/18/16: Lips

If mine were like this.....


Well, if mine were like that I might not be writing a blogpost at this very moment, now would I? No, sadly, I got shortchanged in the lip department and I have these poor pitiful things where I could use some Juvederm or other tiny bit of filler. Maybe even some fat out of my abs... God knows there's enough there (and then they could move the remainder to my nonexistent butt as well).

My brother, on the other hand, got the portion I was supposed to be allotted plus his own. We're talking Angelina Jolie  style, the bee-stung look. Such a damn waste.....


The odd thing is that even with such a pitiful set of lips that I have, I love wearing deep dark lipstick.... I mean deadly blood-red burgundies and deep browns. The darker, the better. None of these pale pasty punks or maybes. Nudes and beiges leave me cold. Frosted? Ugh!!!! Spare me!  Years ago, L'oreal had a color line inspired by Titanic (the movie) and one of the lipsticks was this exquisite brown -- and I mean deep rich dirt brown. I fell in love. The color looked great on me -- amazing contrast with my skin tone. It was a matte shade that quickly went matte and stayed in your lips for hours.... It was almost gothic, in a natural way...🤘🏻(bonus points if you get that lyrical reference).

And of course, they didn't bother to keep the shade in their lineup. I've searched in vain for nearly 20 years for something in a similar vein only to be let down time and again. The closest is Burt's Bees cocoa lip balm. And that just wears off too soon. Maybe I'll talk to my doc's aesthetician about recommendations for fillers. After checking the price list, of course. Anyone know the current going rate on Grade A Bee Venom....?

No comments:

Post a Comment