Sunday, April 17, 2016

30 Day Writing Challenge 2 - 4/17/16: Swim

Truth time: I never learned to swim.


No, I'm not kidding!

My mother had this overwhelming deathly fear of water and she never learned to swim. My father, on the other hand, learned to swim the old-fashioned way -- thrown into the river by a sibling and told "swim or drown." My brother can swim. He's no Michael Phelps and would never make a swim team but he's far more likely to reach the shore before I would.

All of this to say, I need to learn because I adore the water. At the same time, I hate getting my face wet. I hate getting water in my nose. For crying out loud, I even hate facing the showerhead face first! But I just need to get beyond all that little crap and learn how to save my own life.

Because this water girl needs to get back to mother mother ocean soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment