Sunday, July 10, 2016

30 Day Writing Challenge 3 - 7/10: Odd Facts You Know


Odd facts that I know..... Hmm. I know a lot of facts but how odd they are, I don't know. In college I was known as "The Human Rolodex & Encyclopedia of Useless Facts" mainly because I had a bizarre capability to remember phone numbers. Now that I think of it, I can still remember my college phone numbers from the years in the dorm (792-6198 and 792-6046). I don't remember the number from the apartment, but I rarely gave it out anyway. I still have a propensity to remember numbers ...

But anyway here are some odd facts about me....

1. I am now one of two descendants remaining on one side of my mom's family. The way it is looking, when my brother and I both pass, that branch of the family tree will end. 

2. I've been on TV newscasts a few times, mostly in "person on the street" segments -- you know, you're in a store just buying something and a news reporter comes up to get your opinion on some news topic. The last time it happened, I was coming out of Rite Aid (having just bought a CRAPton of cough drops and Kleenex). The news reporter asked my opinion about the removal of certain meds from OTC to asking for them at the pharmacy counter -- mainly due to meth cooking. So I gave my opinion (basically that I hated it had come to that but that I understood the reasons). I was interviewed at the airport (dropping off a friend) when asked my opinion about the smoking ban on domestic flights (so that was 1990 or so?) ..... Things like that. 

3. I truly literally do not remember a time in my life when I did not read. I freaked adults out, and a few kids too. I think people don't know what to do with a kid who teaches herself to read and is so enamored of learning that she'll read encyclopedias in kindergarten. I wish I could say it made me less gullible but alas, my too-trusting heart played a role for several more years. Then I started getting wiser, not just smarter.

Okay, I'm done. I really can't think of any odd facts I know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment