Saturday, July 16, 2016

30 Day Writing Challenge 3 - 7/16: Dress Me Up


So the topic is "Halloween Costume Ideas" and I'll admit that while Halloween is my favorite holiday, I usually have a hard time coming up with costume ideas. The last couple of years at the office costume contest, I did puns or caricatures. 

One year, I made clock faces out of posterboard and taped/tied them to a belt ...... for a waist of time. The next year, I put on a tee shirt with felt letters that said "CEILINGS" and face-paint, Pom-poms, etc .... because I was a ceiling fan. Last year, I wore faux Uggs, leggings, an infinity scarf, a puffy vest, and carried around a Venti cup -- because I was Pumpkin Spice, the Lost Spice Girl.

Of course, there was the year the accounting team were the characters from The Wizard of Oz. We were awesome, I must say..... And the year we were a rock band. I was Trixie LeBon and I rocked it out in a pink and black striped wig. Oh, and the Zombie Wedding Party was a true highlight -- watching our controller don a wedding dress and orange fright wig.... Oh yes!!! 

This year, I don't know. I want to do something but I'm not sure what. Nothing controversial, so no pregnant nuns. 😉 Trying to come up with another witticism for a costume will probably be my route. 



No comments:

Post a Comment