Saturday, July 30, 2016

30 Day Writing Challenge 3 - I'm Looking Forward To

As if you couldn't guess.....


2016 has been quite a year so far. Seven months into it and I can honestly say, I never imagined on December 31, 2015 that I would have experienced all that I have. Obviously, I've gone through some life-altering experiences this year, but I've also had lots of moments of joy.

I say it kind of jokingly that my mother has become my angel of live music. Even before she passed, I'd gotten tickets to Pearl Jam. But after she passed, I've just gotten tickets for my sixth show -- another one I wasn't sure would ever happen. I had no small amount of anxiety yesterday trying to get them but patience and resilience paid off!

So yes, I am looking forward to seeing Rick Springfield, the Avett Brothers, and (holy crap I STILL can't believe this one) Temple of the Dog. And at each of those shows, I will think of my mom, who gifted me with a love for music.

But I'm also looking forward to other things..... I'm looking toward the day when our work team is all back together, as close to 100% as possible. I'm looking forward to our move to a new workspace. I'm looking forward to our new work system (more than you can believe). 

I'm looking forward to making a pretty new floral arrangement to put at mom's headstone, in honor of her birthday in a few days.

I'm looking forward to making some interesting new jewelry pieces, to learning a few new songs on guitar, to revamping some old lyrics, writing new songs. To creating some new art pieces.

I'm looking forward to getting back to myself.... To putting myself back near the top of my priority list. 

And I'm looking forward to seeing how things will be on December 31, 2016. 

No comments:

Post a Comment