Thursday, July 7, 2016

30 Day Writing Challenge 3 - 7/7: Reasons To Be Happy


I'll be the first to say that the last year or so of my life has been a rollercoaster, with beauty and heartbreak. In even my darkest moments -- battling anxiety and depression, losing my mother, dealing with so many changes -- I have found amazing reasons to be happy. For me, even in my worst moments, I try to find something to smile or laugh about and look at those things which make my heart soar.

• Dear friends who care and let you know  you matter.
• Family. This year, more than ever, family ties have made me very happy.
• Truly amazing coworkers and management who have had my back.
• Great music and live shows, especially getting to see some acts I've followed for many years but never saw until now. 
• Singing with an awesome choir and a great a capella group. PS: Viking women always rock. 
• Coffee.... But for me, that's a given.

Every day brings an opportunity to cherish even a singular moment of happiness..... and to allow it to develop into a garden of joy that can sustain you in all moments. 


No comments:

Post a Comment