Monday, July 4, 2016

30 Day Writing Challenge 3 - 7/4: Favorite Animals

I'm a dog person, and that's pretty much the list. And it has to be a big dog .... No, sireebob, no little dogs for me. No thank you. 

We have pretty much always been dog people whenever we've had pets. Skipper when I was 7, Skippy when I was 10, Huffy when I was 16, Sarge for a very brief time when I was in college, and my beloved Maddox for nine years now. We had one cat -- a beautiful solid white one named Frosty when I was 12. That's how my dad learned he was allergic to cats. When the day comes.... Yeah, of course it will be another dog. There is just something about a dog that matches my personality and philosophy (goofy and lovable).

I also love dolphins, always have. They are just such beautiful mysterious creatures. So smart! I had the pleasure years ago of taking a dolphin cruise during a weekend at Hilton Head. Absolutely amazing to watch them run alongside the boat. They are my favorite sea creature of all.

Not that I don't love other animals....  But a pet ferret doesn't have the same appeal to me that a dog does. And as tasty as other sea creatures are, they don't captivate me as the dolphin does.

No comments:

Post a Comment