Saturday, July 9, 2016

30 Day Writing Challenge 3 - 7/9: Favorite Songs

Hahahahahahahahaha..... (repeat ad infinitum)





Anyone who knows me knows that I do not have favorite songs. I have favorite anthologies by a bazillion artists. I can never EVER pick a favorite song, just like I cannot pick a favorite book or a favorite movie. There are far too many out there and to say, "Oh my gosh, this is THE best song EVER!!!!" -- just no. No. no. Can't be done.

That being said, I do have favorite artists and songs that I like by them perhaps more than I do other songs in their catalogs. But my gosh, to go back to all the artists I enjoy most, and to try to narrow it down? Okay, instead, I will list 3 songs by various artists that I like and we'll see where it takes us......

Keep in mind, there is sometimes no rhyme or reason why a particular song may be a "favorite" .... it may be that I have a specific memory attached to the song that makes me feel especially happy or warm.

Van Morrison: "Caravan," "If I Ever Needed Someone," "These Are The Days"
Steely Dan: "Rikki Don't Lose That Number," "Everything You Did," "Pretzel Logic"
Boston: "Hitch a Ride," "We're Ready," "Let Me Take You Home Tonight"
Earth Wind & Fire: "September," "Serpentine Fire," "That's the Way of the World"
Billy Joel: "The Ballad of Billy the Kid," "And So It Goes," "You May Be Right"
Duran Duran: "The Reflex," "Is There Something I Should Know," "New Moon on Monday"
Rick Springfield: "Don't Talk To Strangers," "I've Done Everything For You," "Souls"
U2: "A Sort of Homecoming," "Mysterious Ways," "Window in the Skies"
Hootie & The Blowfish: "Only Wanna Be With You," "Tootie," "Hey Hey What Can I Do" (their Led Zeppelin cover)
Pearl Jam: "Given to Fly" (are you surprised?), "Glorified G," "I Am Mine" (although I'm really digging a lot of the stuff from the last CD, "Lightning Bolt" as well)
Soundgarden: "The Day I Tried to Live," "Fell on Black Days," "Blow Up The Outside World" (my Big 3, Group A -- the Group B is only a fraction lower -- although seriously, I could list almost their whole catalog).
Alice in Chains: "Would," "Them Bones," "Down in a Hole"
Chris Cornell: "Murderer of Blue Skies," "Sweet Euphoria," "Scar on the Sky"
Audioslave: "I Am The Highway," "Be Yourself," "Wide Awake"
Lake Street Dive: "Miss Disregard," "Faith" (George Michael cover), "Stop Your Crying"

There are plenty of others I just can't even think of -- my musical tastes are pretty varied and I have a veritable crapton of music in hard-copy and digitized that I would have to mentally consider. But perhaps one day I'll come up with a definitive list.......

Hahahahahahahahaha..... (repeat ad infinitum)

No comments:

Post a Comment