Friday, July 1, 2016

30 Day Writing Challenge 3 - 7/1: Favorite Sounds

I live in a world of sound, primarily of my own choosing. I wake to music, turn on the news, talk to people, and drive with music blaring. At work I'm surrounded by phones ringing, people talking, and one earbud in for (again) music. In my car there's not only music but the sounds of traffic. I am not afraid of silence, but I admit it is hard for me -- primarily because music has been so much a part of my world as long as I can recall. 

Among my favorite sounds are the ocean waves coming on shore ..... the cute little whimper that my big wee beastie makes when he sees me ... the crack of a wooden bat (and there is no sadder sound than the *ping* of an aluminum bat) ... an alto saxophone ... fingerpicking on an acoustic guitar ... the crackle of firewood breaking down in the heat (and that's also a favorite smell) ... a baby's soft murmur while sleeping ... my godchildren's laughter ... seagulls ... the crunch of leaves underfoot in the autumn ... the rooster crowing at Williams-Brice ... the rooster crowing for away games too ... my mother's voice that still exists in my memory.

Sweet sounds, one and all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment