Friday, July 8, 2016

30 Day Writing Challenge 3 - 7/8: Your Random Quirks

Why fit in when you were born to stand out?


I love my quirks. Truly, madly, deeply. I have never really disowned my quirks and eccentricities, but it did take some time for me to truly appreciate them. They make me who I am, and I love the person I have become.

My quirks include.....

1. Having to be the driver or ride in the front. Well, it's less a quirk than a need, thanks to migraines and motion sickness. It has made for some damn sucky trips but being the driver helps tremendously. 

2. Connecting dang near everything to a song. Chances are, I have a title, a lyric, or an artist's story to go with nearly any situation. And I'm not afraid to use them. And do, rather often. 

3. Singing and/or dancing along in the car. Yep. Folks on Highway 14 going from Pelham Road to Woodruff Road during lunch hour were treated to a fabulous air guitar performance by yours truly, coinciding with a magnificent sing-into-your-hairbrush routine, with occasional punctuation by my finger drumsticks on the steering wheel. And the evening crowd on I-85 was treated to my one-arm-at-a-time choreography...... 

4. Earbud must be in right ear so I can listen with the handset by my left ear. As a righty, I probably use the left ear for the phone so that I can keep the right hand free for taking notes. Thus.... 

5. A quirk I no longer have: back during cassette days, when I had crates and cases full of them, I had them arranged merely in the order in which I'd purchased them.... But I could tell you which one was missing by a glance. These days, I'm lucky I know where some of my actual physical CDs are. Most of my music in the last few years has been digital (or digitized from hard copy CDs). 

6. But I'll be danged if I read off a Kindle. I still love to feel a book, to turn the page, to savor words the old-fashioned way. Magazine or entertainment articles, sure.... But books. Oh books. Real books. I'll plant a few extra trees for the pure joy of a real book. 

Okay friends, I'm all out of ideas on my random quirks. Tell me what I left off..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment