Tuesday, July 12, 2016

30 Day Writing Challenge 3 - 7/12: Traveling


Places I want to travel to ...... Everywhere is a pretty good answer. I've done some traveling but not nearly enough. I don't think you can ever do too much traveling. 

For places in the US, I'd like to go to NYC and Boston, since I've never been to either place. I know, I know. I'd also love to visit San Francisco, Seattle, and St. Louis. I'd love to go back to Chicago and be a tourist instead of a business traveler. And I'd love to go back to Denver and Colorado Springs (especially) as a tourist again. Oh and once to Bonnaroo and once to Coachella just to say I've been. 

For places overseas, name it. I've never gone outside the US but want to so much. Rome tops my list, followed by Paris, London... Okay, pretty much the Euro tour. I also want to go to Argentina and learn to tango. To Fiji or Samoa. To Singapore. To Nepal. To Australia and New Zealand. It's a huge world and I'm still young enough to love and enjoy it. 

If I'd been smarter after college -- wait, rephrase, I should have been smarter in college and not been so stupid as to piss away a scholarship. Still, if I'd been smarter, I'd have figured out a way to pay for school without a mountain of student loan debt and spent a couple of years after college just traveling. I think that will always be a regret -- not the traveling part but just being too naive and not wise enough to have figured some of these things out. 

But I have now, and life is still ahead of me. I'm not sure how much of it I might have appreciated in my 20s either. Now.... I just need to put my hands on a winning Lotto ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment