Wednesday, July 20, 2016

30 Day Writing Challenge 3 - 7/20: Guilty Pleasures


I don't believe in guilty pleasures. I like what I like, and make no apologies. I still listen to the music of my youth -- everything from the '70s through the '90s. Like these two guys: Chris Cornell (L) who turns 52 today and Stone Gossard (R) who celebrates the Big Five-oh today. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THEM but we get the presents!!!  They're going out on tour together this November for a 25th Anniversary Tour for Temple of the Dog..... Cornell, Gossard, Ament, McCready and Cameron. Vedder isn't listed but you never know. He may "surprise!" and appear.

<fangirl moment commencing in 3...2...1....>

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! (Breathing into paper bag)

Y'all thought I went bonkers over Pearl Jam? Completely over the moon over Cornell solo? Holy freakin God, this is MON. U. MEN. TAL. Epic beyond all epic. A whole nother level of titanic. 

I have spent way more on concert tickets and merch than one could believe this year. I don't care if I have to sell plasma and all my books (just so you know how serious this is), and freakin' CRAWL to one of the five cities they're playing these one-night-only shows. This is bucket list beyond all other bucket list items. 

Just so you know, I have NO guilt at all. It's my pleasure to be a fangirl.

UPDATE: OH MAH FREAKIN' GOD! I got tickets for Madison Square Garden!!! Watch out NYC, here I come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment