Tuesday, July 26, 2016

30 Day Writing Challenge 3 - 7/26: Words I Hate


I always have to laugh a little because I grew up in a culture that loved its euphemisms but considered you a heathen if you used the real words. Luckily by the time I hit college, I'd already gotten over it and was happily exercising my new vocal muscles. Even today I have no problem with blue language, in the right context. Dropping  an F-bomb on the phone with a customer? NEVER. Telling my brother to STFU? Any day. And never blink twice.

So with that in mind, you know what words I really hate, and what should be offensive to all humans? 

War. Poverty. Murder. Injustice. Disease. Discrimination. Greed. Cheating. Rape. Dishonesty. Slander. 

The slang words we use may sound crude, but they're mostly authentic. Those other words should haunt us to action until we can eradicate them. Those words represent concepts which reflect the worst of human nature. Those are the words we ought to hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment