Saturday, July 23, 2016

30 Day Writing Challenge 3 - 7/23: How Do You Do

People I'd like to meet 

Wow, there are a lot of people I'd like to meet and with whom I'd enjoy spending time in conversation -- some of my favorite musicians, certainly. OMG, if I could meet the guys from Soundgarden and Pearl Jam, I would die a happy woman. I've met a few of my favorite authors and sadly won't get the chance to meet others face-to-face, but I'd love to meet Dave Barry, Celia Rivenbark, and Stephen King.

But there are also some people dear to my heart that I'd love to meet live and in person. Lots of folks who've I've known via virtual interaction for years but whom I've not yet met in person -- and they are absolutely precious to me. They've gotten me through some hard times and cheered me on in triumphant moments. I want to be able to thank them in person some day.

And I have people whom I never got the pleasure to meet and love because they were taken from me too soon. I never knew either grandfather, so there's a start. I have a cousin taken way too young, and I have just a few memories of him.

So yes, lots of people I'd love to meet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment