Friday, July 15, 2016

30 Day Writing Challenge 3 - 7/15: Back in Time

Events I want to time-travel to....

Short Answer: I don't.

Long Answer: No, really. I honestly have no historical event I want to see, because my presence there would be unnecessary or perhaps even detrimental. In my own personal history, I don't want to revisit anything, because of the overwhelming temptation to change the known-to-current-me outcome. Every event has shaped me into who I am and it's taken me a lifetime to learn to love this person. Not about to throw that away for time travel. I don't want to see the future -- any potential future -- for fear of making a poor decision that would alter what might be a phenomenal future. 

Let's face it: Doc Brown was right about messing up the whole space-time continuum thing. And truly, all we have is the present moment. Let's look for the joys and wonders in those. That's better than wishing our lives away on what we'd change or trying to divine an uncertain future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment