Wednesday, July 6, 2016

30 Day Writing Challenge 3 - 7/6: Pet Peeves


Our Lady of Perpetual Annoyances, pray for us......

I thought about some of the things that I encounter on a daily basis that just irritate me to no end. There are days when I feel like a broken record: "No, we still can't get tracking information from Vendor X" or "um, no, they don't have the part yet, so I can't give you an ETA." Yes, I really do say these things multiple times throughout the week, if not the day. But it's really minor in the grand scheme of things. 

One of my biggest sources of frustration is traffic on my daily commute.... But again, it's a necessary evil and after 11 years, can I really complain? And the long commute is great for allowing me to unwind after work, so again no real problem.

This time last year, I could definitely tell you that my chief pet peeve was the lack of respect for handicapped parking. I had a permit based on my foot surgery, and there were times when the striped part of the larger parking space would have a car in it! Folks, that's not another parking space, and without a handicapped placard or plate, you are in violation. It certainly was always a pet peeve of mine because my grandmother was disabled -- and didn't live long enough to enjoy the benefits of a handicapped space. And because of mom's decline that last year where she needed a handicapped placard, I became especially cognizant of how important those places are. And I do realize that people with chronic illness and use handicapped spaces with permission may have good days and look perfectly able-bodied one day -- and in agony and barely able to move the next. What truly infuriates me are people who knowingly misuse the placard ... You know, borrowing Grandpa's car and not taking Grandpa but parking in the handicapped spot because Grandpa has the tag. Or still using Mom's placard 3 years after she passes..... THAT sort of abuse is absolutely uncalled for!

Yeah..... That's pretty much it. And people who insist on Sunday driving in the left lane. You earn my everlasting wrath.....

No comments:

Post a Comment