Tuesday, July 19, 2016

30 Day Writing Challenge 3 - 7/19: Favorite Girl Names


In my late twenties, I had the names all picked out for my future kids. For the boy, it was Jackson Cole -- Jackson for my great-great-great-grandfather, and Cole because it just seemed to go well with Jackson.  And for the girl, Cecilia Rose. Cecilia, the patron saint of music, a saint close to my passions. And Rose because (like Cole) it just seemed to fit well. I hoped that a daughter would love music as much as I did, that St. Cecilia would hear my pleas  and gift my girl-child with a deep love for music.

I did not know then that neither my Jackson Cole or Cecilia Rose would ever come to pass. I've tried to pass the names on to others but no takers so far.

There are plenty of other girl names that I like: Victoria, Katharine (spelled JUST that way), Rebekah (but I'm biased because I know an awesome Rebekah or two), Melina (my great-aunt's first name that she never used and it's so gorgeous!), and Rosalind (such a Shakespeare geek!)

So attention young ladies, if you find yourself in need of a girl's name and like Cecilia Rose enough, please use it. And pray that St. Cecilia will bless your girl with a love for beautiful sounds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment