Monday, January 11, 2016

30 Day Writing Challenge 1 - 1/11/16: Singleton

Discuss your current relationship, or if single, discuss.

Fine, nosy.

I'm single. Have been most of my life, and honestly, I'm mostly good with it. I've kind of decided that at this stage in life, maybe marriage really isn't meant for me.

I'm very accustomed to having my own way, to the freedom of "not reporting in" (so to speak). If I want to wake up early on a Saturday and hit the open highway, I can do so without a second thought. I can spend my own discretionary income (heh) however I choose without anyone's approval or reprisal. Not that I'd particularly care anyway. And while I enjoyed the relationships I had...... Oh wait. Huh. Yeah. Okay, moving on.

There are downsides, to be certain. You always feel like the odd wheel out at parties or worse, you get to be the blind date for another lost singleton (who'd usually rather prefer having an extremity gnawed off by a rabid fox than have one more bomb of a blind date). You constantly get asked by relatives "so when are you getting married?" (I suppose now I can say, "when a famous couple asks me to be a sister wife in a legal polygamous marriage but until all are free...." J/K).

Funny enough, I have had profiles on online dating sites but I've taken most of them down. For me, just not working. I know several folks who've found great success. For me, nah. Not so much. It seems that when you say you prefer guys within a five-year range of your age, everyone 15 years older than you suddenly views your profile. No thanks, I'm already dealing with an aging parent with one foot on the banana peel (so to speak). Not going through it with a potential rest-of-life person. I just can't. I know, it's probably petty but right now I'm having a hard enough time with this situation. I really can't with someone to whom I'd want to give my heart. Ya know? Closer to my age just works for me. I'm still young enough to want to share adventures and travel and fun..... Not bowling night every Thursday and Saturday dinner parties each week at the Water Buffalo Lodge.

I might be interested one day with the right guy. I don't know. I'll know if and when the time and circumstances are right, but until then, I'm rather content where I am. Again, all about blooming where I'm planted, and knowing when to change up the soil. So..... who knows? But he must love my kind of music, must love dogs, must love football, and ....... Oh, lots of things I'd like in Mr. Ideal. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment