Thursday, January 7, 2016

30 Day Writing Challenge 1 - 1/7/16: Ink

What Tattoos Do You Have And Why?

I don't.... Yet.

I haven't had any because of needles. I hate needles. But years of doctor's visits and now near-constant lab work (every three months) have done much to alleviate my needle phobia.

Then there is my lymphedema. I will never ever be able to get a tat on my legs. EVER. That truly, medically, is off the table. So that doesn't leave much usable real estate.

But I have made the decision to get one later this winter/early spring. It will be small and on my arm, and done so that I know it's there but it won't be visible unless I choose to show it off.

And why?

A big milestone that I need to celebrate. I don't want to say now. I'm not sure I'll reveal then. It's something that's incredibly personal that only a few people in my life know about anyway, and only a select few know any of the deep details.

It's not something I'm embarrassed by. In fact, I'm proud to be celebrating this event. But I still can't think about it without a waterfall of tears. I've got one escaping my eyes as I type this. Deep, deep feels.

I plan for it to be my only. But I also have friends who've snickered as I've said that. We'll see. The only other one I can imagine getting is a small treble clef or 8th note on my left ring finger in place of where a ring would go. Since obviously I'm more married to music than anything else!!

No comments:

Post a Comment