Saturday, January 23, 2016

30 Day Writing Challenge 1 - 1/23/16: SRSLY?

A Family Member You Dislike

Are they serious? This has to be a joke. Truly.

There is no way in the world I would ever answer this question, and certainly not so in a public forum. No matter how you may personally feel about a family member, he or she is still family, and that runs deep. My own take is this: if he or she is still alive, and unless the offense is a matter of public criminal record, then it remains a purely private matter. End of story.

To be fair, there are people throughout my family with whom I have disagreements. I'm sure I'm on the list of others as well, and probably especially lately as I've spoken my mind (more often than I should, perhaps). But again, it's all opinion and subject to a lot of personal interpretation.

In the end, we are still family and that wins out.

No comments:

Post a Comment