Tuesday, January 26, 2016

30 Day Writing Challenge 1 - 1/26/16: Crickets

Things You'd Say To An Ex

This one is easy: NOT A DAMN THING!

Funny thing is, even three months ago, the answer would have been different. I'd have written a 16-page outline of all the things I wanted to say, that I regretted not saying back then.

And then November happened. Sometime in mid-November, the question was posed about "if he wanted to reconcile, would you take your ex back?" As I pondered my answer, I realized that it was a huge no (actually more of a "OH HAYYYYYYYYULLLLLLLL NO! are you insane?") For a few moments, I did give the question room to simmer into a what-if scenario.... and in that short time, I had an insight into myself that truly almost made me pull the car over, hop out, and scream to the sky, "That's it, ohmigosh, why didn't I see this before?" I'm sure the drivers of the cars I met on the two-lane road wondered what was the deal with the girl with the open jaw.....

And ever since then, nope. Absolute zero desire, interest, or  inclination to ever want to hear from him, see him, think about him. Zero chance of ever turning this around. Not that I'd had any contact with him in a dozen years, but he would pop into my head from time to time, take up free space for a week or two, and then go away for a while. Nope. No more. Honestly, this is the most I've thought about him since that November day.

And this is good. Relics belong in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment