Sunday, January 31, 2016

30 Day Writing Challenge 1 - 1/31/16: BONUS ROUND

Rules: Write the first 10 songs that come up on shuffle (no skipping) and quote your favorite lyric(s) from each song.

Well, shuffle never seems to work quite correctly for me, so instead I started with song 2 and moving forward every 12 songs after that. Seems random enough.....

(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love, and Understanding? - best known by Elvis Costello, but this version is by Matthew Sweet and Susanna Hoffs.
"As I walk through / This wicked world / Searchin' for light in the darkness of insanity. / I ask myself / Is all hope lost? / Is there only pain and hatred, and misery?"

As Hope and Promise Fade - Chris Cornell
"And I thank you for the offer / But you know I must decline / Never more than two drinks away / From crying"

Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden (but this is a solo acoustic version by Chris Cornell)
"Hang my head, drown my fear / Till you all just disappear..."

Bring 'Em Back Alive - Audioslave
"I was on my way to the center of the sun / When I lost my wings and I fell into a crowd...."
(Gotta admit, my least favorite song by them and I usually skip it!)

Couldn't I Just Tell You - originally by Todd Rundgren, this version by Matthew Sweet and Susanna Hoffs
"Keep your head and everything will be cool / You didn't have to make me feel like a fool / When I tried to say I feel the way that I do."

Don't Take Me Alive - Steely Dan
"I know you're out there / With rage in your eyes and your megaphones / Saying all is forgiven / Mad Dog surrender..."

Fast Company - The Eagles
"Be careful what you say / Be careful who you trust / This world is beautiful / This world is dangerous"

Get What You Deserve - The Derek Trucks Band
"Well, you can't quite remember, baby ain't you heard? / You can do what you please, but you get what you deserve."

Heaven's Dead - Audioslave
"I'll take it all, arrows or guns / Hundreds more to save you from one."

I Wanna Be Sedated - The Ramones (this version is another Sweet/Hoffs cover)
"So get me to the airport, put me on a plane / Hurry hurry hurry, before I go insane / I can't control my fingers, I can't control my brain...."

WELL! that's the ten. Whew, because #11, there was gonna be some 'splainin' to do....... (Kickstand by Soundgarden, and I shouldn't enjoy that song as much as I do.)

No comments:

Post a Comment