Thursday, January 14, 2016

30 Day Writing Challenge 1 - 1/14/16: Seven Years

Your Life In Seven Years

Okay, gotta admit I'm a bit confused ...... Am I being asked to project what my life will be like seven years from now, or give you a snapshot of a seven-year timeframe of my life?

Because quite truthfully, both prospects are a bit daunting.

I'm not soothsayer. I can't even begin to think where I might be seven minutes from now.... Let's not even consider years. I always hated those interview questions such as "where do you see yourself in five years...?" Do I look like Kreskin? What I can say is that I have some things I'd like and I'm willing to work toward them. But I'm also someone who's spent far too many years resisting the flow of life. I wanted my life to unfold just a certain way and I did as much as I could to direct it that way. It didn't work...... and thus a very different seven-year snapshot of my life.

Those seven years were tough, because I partly brought it on myself. They were the lost years -- the years I lost the essential core of myself. The years I fought like hell to get me back. I think I succeeded wildly and did one (or ten) better.

And that's the thing about this question. Sometimes when you know yourself -- who you are, what really matters, how to separate wheat from chaff -- then what happens in the next seven years doesn't matter. You know that you can handle it. You know that none of the petty concerns really matter.  You've got the big picture in mind and heart......

No comments:

Post a Comment