Monday, January 18, 2016

30 Day Writing Challenge 1 - 1/18/16: Color

My Favorite Color And Why

I guess you have figured out by now that I LOATHE "pick a favorite (whatever)" lists. Why should I ever limit myself to one favorite of anything?! There's such beautiful variety of everything in the world that it's impossible to pick a single one out of infinite choices.

Color is no exception...... I've found that if I stick to more basic colors, but varying shades thereof, I tend to do best. Pastels are not for me. I'm not exactly a dainty, fragile, delicate...... Oh, no, no..... Bold, bright, and dark work best for me in everything.

Lately, I have really been into brick red, deep burgundy, peacock blue, and all fall, salmon was a go-to color (odd, considering how much I loathe orange shades, but the pink undertones helped). I prefer hunter green to other shades but it's hard to find the exact shade in my brain anywhere in the stores (except Home Depot.... Great for a wall, not so much for a sweater).

And then there's black, the timeless classic. Call me Morticia Addams for all the black I own. But daaaaahhhhlings, it's simply divine, anytime. Black is always in style! Unless you own a white dog that sheds like crazy.... Oh dear.

But I love my colors because they are expressions of me. I don't usually pick colors to match a mood or convey a specific sentiment but somehow...... My earth tones come in handy when I need to feel grounded, my super-brights when I need to soar.....

Ah, yes..... How I love color.

No comments:

Post a Comment